It just got easier!
CLE at your convenience!
CLE Webcast and Video Replay Schedule
(All replays qualify for MCPE credit!)
Publications List Updated with NEW Manuals!
**Visit our CLE Webpage regularly for the latest!**
Get your tickets & tables today
Date and Time: November 6, 2010 ~ 5:30 - 10 p.m.
Location: Superferry Terminal at Pier 19
Highlights: Menu, Private Wine Tasting, Silent Auction, Entertainment!
"Passport to Paradise"
This year's annual dinner pulls all the stops with a full-line up of food choices provided by Roy's, Gordon Biersch, Sapori, Giovanni's Shrimp, & Hanapa'a Sushi! Along with great food, we'll have entertainment by Lyle Hosoda & Friends, as well as the Ka'anohiwainuenue Hula Studio. You may also purchase wine tasting tickets to taste the wines from the collection of HSBA members. If that's not enough of an enticement, we have some "hidden treasures" ready to be plucked from our silent auction! You will not be disappointed!
Get your tables and tickets today and join me in this fundraising dinner to support Volunteer Legal Services Hawaii and the Young Lawyer's Division public service projects!
Bar Convention Highlights!
Missed this year's Bar Convention? Check out our photo gallery to see highlights from the day!
~ Congratulations: Award Winners ~ Announcement: Elections
Special thanks to our member benefit partners and HSBA supporters for working the booths and providing our members with great prizes. See some of our winners here.
YLD President Lisa K.Y. Nakahara:
“Back by Popular Demand..."
YLD Social at Ka on October 21st.
Come and hang out with fellow YLD members and other young professionals at the upcoming YLD Social on Thursday, October 21st, 6-8 p.m. at Ka Restaurant and Lounge at Ward Center. Please RSVPs online at the following URL http://www.shidler.hawaii.edu/professionalservices. RSVPs must be received by Monday, October 18th @ 3:00pm to be included at the $5 price. Late registration or non-registered attendees will be charged $10 at the door. Our last two events were packed, so don't miss out!
Read the full message.
Real Estate Manual, Volume 2
Pre-ordered books from the 2009 Bar Convention are now available for pick up at the HSBA office.
· SPECIAL! Volume 2 - $150 (good through November 15, regular price $200)
· Combo Deal! Volumes 1 & 2 for $325 (price good through November 15, regular price $400)
· Shipping and postage are additional.
Contact the programs department at (808) 537-1868 or by email for more information.
Senior Counsel Division: Golf Outing and Annual Meeting
What: A combined golf outing and annual meeting of the Senior Counsel Division.
- The annual meeting will be a heavy pupu reception and no-host bar.
- Announcement of the 2011 SCD Board election results by 2011 SCD President Mario Ramil.
- Guest speaker, Fawn Koopman, a WSRSL 2L student and yoga instructor, will speak on "The Odd Couple; Senior Golf and Yoga."
When & Where: Friday, November 12, 2010; The first tee time starts at 1 p.m. and the annual meeting starts at 6 p.m. at the Mid Pacific Country Club, 266 Ka'elepulu Drive, Kailua, HI 96734.
Sign up today by printing the registration form and sending it in by the deadlines (October 15 for golf, November 6 for annual meeting).
Check out the SCD webpage to stay informed on this event and our upcoming November Coffee Hour covering social security & medicare!
EVENTS YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS:
- October 22, Maui County Bar: Ten Steps to Professional Success with Jay Foonberg. Register for the MCPE seminar today!
- October 26: In honor of ABA Mediation Month, the HSBA ADR Section and the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Mediation Committee, in conjunction with The Mediation Center of the Pacific, the Association for Conflict Resolution of Hawai'i, the Judiciary Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution, and the William S. Richardson School of Law of the University of Hawai'i at Manoa, are honored and pleased to offer an exceptional, free program in which top Hawai'i and national mediators show how mediation approaches, perspectives and tools can help break impasse in and resolve politically-charged, complex public interest issues constructively. Registration information here.
- October 31: Principles of Chinese and American Law
Fourth Seminar on the Principles of Chinese and American Law. The Topic: "How to Open a Business in China, Hainan example and materials." HSBA co-sponsored with the Hainan Lawyers Association, the Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii,the City and County of Honolulu, Us-China Peoples Friendship Association- Oahu, The Foundation For Islands of Harmony and others.