HSBA Open House
FRIDAY, DEC. 18, 2009
3 - 5 P.m.
Alakea Corporate Tower 1100 Alakea St., Ste. 1000 Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Join us for walk through of the premises and some light snacks and refreshments.
We hope to see you there!
**PLEASE NOTE: IN LIEU OF FLOWERS OR GIFTS RECOGNIZING THE NEW PREMISES, DONATIONS TO THE HAWAII JUSTICE FOUNDATION TO BE USED FOR ACCESS TO JUSTICE PROGRAMS, WILL BE ACCEPTED.**
HSBA Holiday hours
December 24, 2009
Open from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
December 25, 2009
Closed in Observance of Christmas
December 31, 2009
Open from 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
January 1, 2010
Closed in Observance of New Year
Online Renewal is up
Visit our online renewal portal today at www.myhsba.org. With online renewal, you have the convenience of reviewing all materials and filling out all related forms on your computer--no hard copies necessary! It'll help prevent submitting incomplete packets and it'll save you time and postage.
Dates to be aware of include:
- The deadline this year has been moved to January 31, 2010, in an effort to ease the financial expense over the holidays.
- Members who change status to or from inactive need to do so by December 31, 2009 so that your status in January is clear.
Information that'll help you get started with the online portal:
- Username is JD# and Last name (case sensitive).
Password is first three letters of last name (case sensitive) and last four digits of SSN.
- View a chart of the 2010 Fees.
Questions? Please contact the HSBA at 537-1868 or email us here.
Judicial Selection News
Governor Lingle releases list of candidates for ICA and Circuit Court positions. Comment due to the governor's office by December 23, 2009.
The Judicial Selection Commission seeks applicants for two circuit court judge positions and one district court judge position, First Circuit. Deadline for nominations is December 28, 2009. Read the Press Release here.
Click here for your one-stop webpage to learn about judicial vacancies.
Save the Dates--Registration information coming soon!
Friday, January 22, 2010- Microsoft Excel Training Level 1. Exclusive training for HSBA members hosted by member benefit provider, New Horizons. Two sessions will be offered covering the same curriculum: 8:00 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1p.m. to 5 p.m.
HSBA Price: $89
Wednesday, January 27, 2010- Staying Out of Trouble: Client Management, Basic Accounting for Lawyers, Malpractice Prevention Tips. (3) MCPE Credits
ANNUAL HSBA JUDICIAL EVALUATION COMING SOON:
HSBA will soon deploy to active members the annual HSBA judicial evaluation of judges who are 1) seeking retention in 2010 and 2) are midway in their appointed terms in 2010. Please participate in this important exercise which provides feedback from members. Confidential tabulations of the results/comments are shared with the judges, and for judges who are seeking retention in 2010, with the Judicial Selection Commission.
Click here for a list of judges on the evaluation.
REMINDERS, president messages, and notes!
December President Messages
Click here to view the messages on their webpage.
Member Bar Card
- Click here for information regarding upcoming changes in price.
- Get your photo taken for your bar card and the bar's directory this Friday, December 18 at the open house--at no cost! Photos will be taken from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. at the HSBA. Interested in setting up an appointment instead? Email us here.
- FREE REPLACEMENT CARDS TO BE OFFERED THIS FRIDAY ONLY! If you need your bar card replaced, stop by the HSBA office during the open house and get the replacement fee waived. Starting January 2010, replacement card fees will go up from $5.00 to $10.00. Don't miss this opportunity!